Wine and Art - Life in the Speedster Lane

Nothing in particular but a little space for all my bestest links!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Oz Wine Show - biased? Methinks so!

This is a good site but I often feel that the "news" section is a bit biased towards nice 'n' bright things from Australia and a even a little pandering to US listeners who obviously are tuning in their droves. My guess is that as an Oz wine show they have the interests of the Oz wine industry in mind and do not want to cause any upset whilst exports are so strong. I think one news report stated that French wine producers are converting good Fine wine into fuel for cars. Try mentioning this to a few growers in France and they'd laugh you out of the country (or burn you at the stake, re: Joan of Arc, or cut your head off, re: Robes Pierre). Now, I am not French and I don't fill up my car with surplus claret and I would like a little less propaganda based news shite posted on our beloved blogwaves. As a drinker of many world wines and a great lover of French wines, I think the hype over australian produce is largely just that... hype!

Read more at www.ozwineshow.com/

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger JC said...

There is careful measured silenced in the Old world lands (a bit like Muslim lands but the monks got here first and claimed drunkeness as one of its own!) , where vines are starting to think about spring and the glut is in the gut. "Too far" I hear voices proclaim in foreign tongues, "too far, this has gone. We will round and fight!"

Watch out Aussies, we'll wipe the shelves of you and claim back cooling space for our local drinkers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home